August 29, 2021

 I haven't posted in years but I'd like to attempt to make this a regular journal so the family can remember and reflect one day! 

Maybe over the next few months I can add our pictures. For now I should briefly speak of the changes in our family. For one, the boys are growing and I enjoy their spunk, love, and interests. We like to watch Heartland together in the evenings. Conner plays baseball, basketball, and football. Owen is involved in soccer and he plays two seasons each year. He plans to play football and that will begin in the spring. 

Siler passed in February 2021. I cried for three days straight. There are many emotions and words that I experienced, but I don't think I will forget so I don't know if I will ever make a post that fully details those last few days. It was difficult for me. We loved our sweet "puppy' for thirteen years and he was the most perfect dog I could ever have had.

Not as replacement, but as a comfort, we know own Dewey. Dewey is our mini Goldendoodle and he will turn one year old on September 5, 2021. He is spunky and has a ton of character. He will never replace my first love, but I do love him. It is different and I'm not sure how to describe the difference.

At this time in my life I am pursuing a Master's in Special Education with a license addition in SPED. I am taking five graduate courses this fall. I took two in the spring of 2021 and two in the summer of 2021. I'm taking five because I intend to graduate in May and it's now or never with a great volume of their classes. If I don't take them now, then I have to wait until the fall of next year. I resigned from Brownstown Elementary at the end of 2021 and took a new job at Seymour Community Schools this year, specifically at Jackson Elementary. So far I absolutely LOVE my job and I'm happy I made the change. I'm sure there will be difficulties ahead, but I feel supported and I'm happy.

Ben began BrewCo Machining this year. It had a slow start where Ben often wondered if he made the right choices, but work has increased greatly in the past few weeks and Ben is making his way. 

Mom and Dad are a tremendous help as Ben and I navigate the difficulties of working full-time plus chasing the boys in their travel sports and school work. Mom cleans my house on Fridays and it's amazing how great it makes me feel to come home from work to a clean house. Dad still stops by and picks up Dewey each day so he can play with Holly, Sissy, and Dugan. I'm so grateful for their love and support.

We plan to go camping in the next two weeks with the Hutchinson's. They are our best friends and we see eye-to-eye. It's such a blessing from God to have such good friends.

On a random note, I'm typing this on my brand new MacBook Pro that I purchased today. So far I love the computer and I'm glad I made the switch!

Comments