Birthday Celebration

This past Saturday marked my 36th birthday! My birthday is always centered around Thanksgiving dinner and family, and this year followed the trend. My family from North Carolina stayed at our house Thursday - Sunday, and we had cake and ice cream after our Thanksgiving feast. The boys loved playing with their girls. Owen and Lyla seemed to have a special bond. They are close in age. Cute little Elyse was so sweet and followed Owen and Lyla wherever they went. Stella was quiet most of the weekend, but she played with the kids the entire time. Both of my boys begged for me to have another baby after they visited with 11 month old Sadie. She wouldn't let me talk to her or touch her, but she would reach for Ben when he entered the room, little stinker! We all had such a great time, visiting and talking. We hope to plan a summer camping trip together to let the kids play again.

Jodi makes her own elderberry juice that her children take each day. Owen and Conner wanted to try it, but quickly decided it is not their favorite juice in the world! When Jodi accidentally left some in our fridge, Owen's reply after I mentioned she left it for him was, "No way!"

Ben had to work each day of Thanksgiving break; thankfully, he was able to get off work each day at 3:30, so we still managed to spend time together. :)

Comments