100 Day Streak

Yesterday marked my 100th continuous day of running one mile or more! I’ve done this many times before, but it was much tougher this go-round. I think age played  a large role in it, but surgery a year ago has left my right leg weakened with weird, chronic nerve pain and numbness. Also to be noted is the busy season of life Ben and I are currently in. The boys both play sports and I tutor Owen after school, plus homework and farm animals. Oh yeah, and  I’m supposed to cook and clean sometime in there, too, and be a good wife. 😆

Anyway, back to the topic: I wanted to celebrate the big 1-0-0, so I made chipotle chicken burritos, and we had an ice cream party. I asked my boys to run with me, because I wanted them to experience my joy. They also beg to run with me most days, but normally I don’t let them because my legs are longer (😊)  and I want to enjoy myself.

The run was perfect. Even the dog joined us. It was one of those nights where everything is right where it should be, the world seemed at peace, and my heart was perfectly happy. ❤️








Comments