I'm going to blame my lack of posting on Owen. He is such a busy kid that I just don't have time for anything else! I'm only half kidding. I love that fire-cracker, but he is so much more active than I ever remember Conner being.

Here are some of Owen's current words:
Daddy
BUBBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (His favorite and first word. He screams it when he sees them.)
Dangk Duuuu (thank you)
He said Dandy for the first time today (Candy)

Ummm... that's about it. He has tons of jibberish and mumbles, but the words aren't forming just yet. It's okay. Conner didn't really explode with language until right about now (age wise), and Owen is a preemie, so I'm not worried since he fully comprehends everything you say. I do think he feels frustration since we don't understand everything he talks about. It leads to a lot of tantrums and fits, but those have improved a bit over the weekend.

Owen's Favorite Toys and Shows:
Thomas and Percy. He saids "Deee EEEEE" for "Ready", Set, Go! when we race the trains on the track.
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Owen will bring me a Mickey toy he has when he wants to watch a show.
Connect-ums, Blocks, and other building toys

Conner's Favorite Toys and Shows:
Na-Inja Turtles - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (He says most of his words correctly, but for some reason he messes this one up. It's cute so I haven't corrected him just yet.)
Max and Ruby. He likes how mischievous Max is, and I think Ruby's soft voice is soothing.
Phineas and Ferb

Yesterday, Ben and I loaded up the boys in the Jeep and headed to the Brownstown Elementary kindergarten playground. The kids loved that the slides and swings were bigger than what we have at daycare, but the playground wasn't too big, either.

We're really trying to play more with the boys and spend more quality time with them. Even though we're always with them and take them everywhere, we realized lately that we rarely sit down and actually play with them.

Life is fun. We are so busy raising kids, but we love them much and enjoy most of it. The tantrums, not so much, but life otherwise is pretty good at the moment.






Comments