Happy Hearts Day Care

I know I don't post very often, but hopefully I can bring everyone up to speed quickly enough in this post! This summer was very busy with setting up things for the day care. Ben was remodeling the entire building from 3:30pm until 1 or 2am every single night, and I was getting together all the paperwork, taking classes, and ordering things like t-shirts, making my Facebook page, and advertising in the local newspapers. It was crazy at times, but we managed to have a successful open house the final week of July and we opened August 1st with only a few spots left on the roster. I have upgraded to a Class II home, which allows us to have a total of 16 children in the building. We have 15 children on the roster, with one opening that I'm saving for baby Owen's arrival. Mom and I both work full time, and we have one girl, Chelsea, hired part-time. She is wonderful with the kids, young, and full of energy! Mom and I have her cover one full day for us each so we all have three day weekends. Yippee! I take every Friday off, and Mom takes Mondays. It's a very nice schedule, and I have no regrets leaving my previous jobs to follow my heart and be with my child(ren) now. God has blessed me tremendously in this endeavor of my life. There are 5-6 day cares advertising daily for openings, and we filled up within three weeks and still have people calling and dropping in almost on a daily basis.

Oh, I should go back a few steps and say that the name we decided to go with is Happy Hearts Day Care, and our motto is "Plant kindness, gather love." We do have the camera system, so parents may log in whenever they'd like and watch a live video of us. It has also helped resolve disputes with children and see what "really" happened when a few kiddos have gotten bumps and bruises. The cameras are worth the investment. I believe that's a main reason why I have filled up so quickly, when everyone keeps telling me that the day care business is slow and most places are only half to two-thirds filled. Thank God for our blessings!

Conner likes the day care and his new friends. He always talks about "Bosef" when we are home, and when we drive in to work he always talks about "Bosef - fun". (What is Bosef's real name? haha - JOSEPH!) We are filled with good kids that have nice parents, and that is another blessing and reason for a large part of our success.

I hope to someday expand the business, but right now I'm torn between saving 20% down for a new home that Ben and I desperately need and want, or saving money to add on to the business. I know the business will bring more profit down the road, but we're dying to have our own home on our 12 acres of paradise! I'm just going to keep praying, thinking, and waiting on an answer from God. He will make it clear.

Comments