So Many Topics!

I have so many things to share that this blog post will be a conglomerate of different topics. Let's start...

#1) Referring to the #1 post from January 8th, I am able to share that Ben and I are expecting another baby! We are due November 22, just two days before my birthday! I'm only five weeks along right now, and I've shared the news with all of my family plus a handful of friends. I pretty much don't care that the word gets out this early, but I haven't made it FACEBOOK offficial yet. We all know once it's on Facebook, it pretty much goes viral throughout Brownstown! I'll wait until my April 13th appointment to make sure that the baby is okay before I make it super-public. We don't care if it's a boy or girl. Just a few weeks ago I kept thinking that I wanted a girl, but then my heart is still in love with those rotten little boys. We have a girl name picked out already, and a couple different boy names, so once we find out it won't take us any time to announce a name. The girl name is unique, but pretty. The boy names are common names. I'm so excited to have another baby, but at the same time it makes me feel a touch sad for Conner that he won't be the "baby" anymore. Even though I know doctors don't agree with me, I still let him sleep in bed with me, and I don't apologize for it! We have no crying issues, he sleeps all night, and he tells me when he's ready to go to "bee" (bed). It saddens my heart to think I have to make my sleeping buddy move to his own big boy bed this summer.


#2) Conner updates!
About a week ago Conner FINALLY started calling me "momma". It absolutely melts my heart. He says it slow, like a southern boy should, and with his sweet little voice I just can't help but smile and love right back on him! His words have exploded lately: lots of animals, trucks and buses, trees and other things. He can ask for his baba (bottle), tell us he poo-ood or peepeed and that he has a dirty buuu. (Thanks, Daddy, for teaching him that he has a dirty butt when he needs a change!) He asks for a bash (bath) every morning and night - he loves splashing in the bubu (bubbles)! I love it when he asks for boober (blueberries) and grapes (no word yet - he just points). For some reason he calls cookies "eeshes". I haven't figured that one out yet. Conner is a joy to raise and be around. He goes to track practice everyday with Grandpa and then stays with me until DaDa picks him up around 4:00p.m. He loves watching the girls, and there is this one...... oh, sweet Lexi! Conner just stares at her and follows her around. It doesn't hurt that she is a very beautiful girl with blonde hair and green eyes. I think I know Conner's "type" already! Dada says that it's instilled in them early to pick out the pretty ones..... It makes me nervous! :)

#3) In the January post I mentioned a career-changing decision, and here it is: I have decided to quit teaching and coaching at the conclusion of this year, and I am opening a daycare in Seymour around August 1st. Mom is ready to semi-retire from the cake shop, so she is going to downsize her equipment and move to the small building behind the cake shop. She is going to keep making cakes on Saturdays only - weddings, sheets cakes, and such. I am going to remodel the entire cake shop building and turn it into a daycare. My thinking is that I can still be with my children and have an income source at the same time. I have so many ideas and dreams about what I could do with the daycare. I am going to offer video monitoring, so a parent may log in at any time via their home computer and watch a live stream of what we're all doing at the daycare. It also works for iPhones and Droids. I'm going to offer curriculum/preschool activities for the older children, and I plan to offer Friday night date night services for parents who need a night out. Right now I'm creating all my paperwork, thinking about a name and logo, and designing the interior of the building. I have a lot to do between school, track, raising Conner, being pregnant, and starting a daycare!

Here are some potential names:
Happy Hearts Child Care Center
Happy Hearts Learning Center
??

Potential Mottos:
Where love abounds, happiness follows...
Love. Smile. Educate
Love. Joy. Learn
Always Love First...
???

What are your thoughts? Let me know!



#4) Track season is underway! I'm having fun with this group of girls. They have a great attitude this year. Last year we won Sectional by only one point, and I've had two girls move away who were valuable girls on the team, plus I had one senior decide not to come out this year because of stress. So, between graduating seniors, two move-outs, and one who just plain quit, we've lost a ton of points. However, last year Seymour had senior quadruplets (yes, there were four of them!) that accounted for just under half their team points, so it should be an even playing field again, unless Bedford comes up strong this year. We'll see! I'm really not worried about it this year like I was last year. Que Sera! Whatever will be, will be!

Comments

  1. whoohoo!!! congratz to you & Ben both!
    You need to stop in! I'm finally back on the right continent.
    Item 2: need to record it and put it on the blog. I want to hear it! :)
    Item 3: the shorter the better.

    Will

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... names... I've been thinking of that one a lot. Of the two listed, I think I like H2C3 better. For motto, I like the alliteration of LJL. Baby names-- do tell! I'm curious to hear with my fascination with names, especially unique ones! With preschoolish curriculum, you could be "Happy Hearts & Early Starts." ;) Keep us posted! Love you. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment