Remembering 2010 - Anticipating 2011

Five Reasons I'm Looking Forward to 2011:
#1
Ben and I are ready for baby #2 in the near-future, God-willing that we are able to conceive!
#2
Conner is changing every day, and I cannot wait to see how he continues to develop into a "big" boy.


#3
I am changing..... oops.... This one is still a big secret. I'll share these details in about two months. This one is a life-changing decision, too!
#4
My second year coaching Brownstown Central girls' track is approaching soon. The winter conditioning group starts running this upcoming Monday; I'm officially in track season for the next six months.
#5
This summer I will celebrate my ten year class reunion, and I look forward to seeing old friends and remembering good times when life was simpler. :)





Top Five Memories from 2010
#5
Our summer vacation to Tennessee. Ben and I spent all the money we had saved enjoying all the sights, sounds, and attractions of Gatlinburg. We went tubing down the river, visited Dollywood and watched Conner giggle on the duck ride and slurp down a cherry Icee, enjoyed a date at Dixie Stampede, rented a Jeep and traveled through the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, ate lunch several times at Hellbender's Bar and Grille (yum), cooled off swimming in our hotel's pool next to the mountain-stream, went sightseeing at Ripley's Aquarium, and managed to spend several afternoons with family. We also walked or ran every morning on the Sugarlands trail and let the dogs swim in the cold mountain water. Fun.
#4
Winning the IHSAA sectional during my first year as head coach of the Brownstown Central girls' track team. The victory was even more special when the meet was announced a tie at the conclusion of the last event, but one day later a scoring error was found which gave Seymour one less point and the trophy was rightfully delivered to Brownstown within hours. Sweet.
#3
Ben finding out that Seymour Precision Machining wanted to hire him back. When SPM had to release Ben in February of 2009, I was five months pregnant and wrongfully stressed how we would pay bills. He was able to find a job at Rose Acres in the fall of 2009, but the job required Ben to travel on the Eastern coast for weeks upon weeks while we had a newborn baby at home. I never let Ben know how hard it was to take care of Conner during that time and manage a full time job plus coaching, but when SPM called him back I nearly did cartwheels! Not only did this announcement mean he would stay at home and work regular hours, but it also included a much better salary! Relief.
#2
My first day of school this autumn when my classroom filled up with new faces. I quickly realized my experiences with this class was going to be a highlight of my teaching career. The children are amazing, sweet, respectful, funny, and loving. This Chrismas, when I asked my students what gift they wanted if they had to choose something that was not a toy, I received this reply from one precious boy, "My wish is that you would be my mom." I had to turn my face to hide the tears because the boy who said this does not come from a home that most of us have had the privilege of knowing. Love.
#1
Conner's first birthday party. That day was filled with punch balloons, Conner's unforgettable and uncontrollable laughter, pictures, presents, and one huge vomit at the end of the night when my poor child ate too much cake and milk! Priceless!










 

Comments

  1. :0) ...excellent post. I wonder what my top five would be for last year and this year?
    -Will Ouyang

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment