Rotten Kids!

I knew once school started I would eventually come down with the flu, but I thought it would take a month or so. Unfortunately, after four days of school I came down with my first flu. Those rotten kids! Grrr..... Can you sense the anger? haha. Not really! It was a nasty one with a sore throat and congestion. I came down with it last Sunday evening, and battled it during the entire school week. I probably should've stayed home one day, but I just couldn't do it that early in the school year. I had another student out with the flu and another sick with vomiting, so I've been wiping down all the areas with Lysol and other disinfectants! I hate the flu! Stay away forever, please!

Fortunately, Conner hasn't come down with it. I was tickled at him this morning because he watched me blow my nose, then walked over to the Kleenex box and pulled out his own napkin, and then he pretended to blow his nose into it. He was actually just sticking out his tongue and giving it a "raspberry"! It was so cute, and he was so proud of himself! He really likes to mimic all of us these days. Earlier this week Ben was working in the yard and filling in some holes with dirt (that our other son dug...) and stomping it down. Conner walked over to the dirt and started stomping with Daddy. Now we call it the Hillbilly Stomp, and he will do it on command! It is possibly the cutest thing he's ever done.

Comments