Sweet Summertime

Tired Baby...
It is Memorial Day weekend, and Ben and I are both home working on the house and landscaping, so Conner has been super busy trying to keep up with us! I bought him a Kokopax backpack carrier, and he loves it. I only put him in it for thirty minutes today, and all the other time during the day Conner crawled on the ground outside and ate dirt and rocks. He was so busy that he didn't take a nap all day! At the end of the day, after we'd finally finished working, Ben had him in the tub and he fell asleep while sitting up in the water! I promise it really happened that way!!!! The tired baby almost fell face first into the water, but luckily Ben caught him. I took him out of the water, dried him, put on a diaper and dressed him completely and he still never woke up - except for one time that he peeked open his eyes and grinned at me before falling back asleep! That is the most tired (and possibly the cutest) I've ever seen him! It'd be nice if it was always that easy to take care of Conner!

Track...
The track season is coming to an end next week. Our record was 52-4. We lost twice to Jeffersonville, once to Columbus East, and once to Seymour in a dual meet. When it came time for Sectionals we defeated Seymour by one point to claim the trophy. At Regionals we had one girl place second to go to the State finals, which is next Friday, June 4th. It was a fun and very successful season, but it was a busy time for me and I feel like I missed out on three months of Conner's life. Ben never complained as he took care of Conner night after night, and I'm truly grateful for that.


Conner Updates...
Conner is taking 3-5 steps pretty regularly, but he hasn't let loose completely just yet to walk on his own. He has learned what "no" means, and he laughs at me when I tell him "no" if he's getting into something. He also has picked up that we shake our head side to side when we say no, and now he will shake his head at ME and tell ME no when I try to feed him something he doesn't want, or give him milk when he doesn't want it, etc. It's so funny. Grandma taught him that trick! Grandpa is teaching him how to shake his head "yes" and it's funny to watch Conner try to do it because his entire back and head move at the same time instead of just his little head nodding up and down. Conner is also in a biting stage, and most time when I hold him he bends over and bites my shoulder, then laughs when I squeal or tell him no! I can't imagine what he'll be like at two years!! Conner pretty much eats anything that we eat, so feeding him is much easier these days. His first birthday is coming up very soon. We've decided not to throw a party, but instead to simply stay home with him, have a cake and birthday toys, and we'll invite Grandma, Grandpa, and Papaw over for dinner.

Summer Break...
The last day of school is Wednesday, June 2nd and then I'll be home free until August 12th! I will have track all next week, too, and then an awards program the following week, and I'm so grateful that all of this is coming to an end. I'm really looking forward to enjoying walking/running in the summer with friends, taking Conner for walks and going to the pool, working on the house and keeping it cleaned (i.e. being a good wife!), and simply enjoying the sweet summertime!!


Comments