Snow, Snow, Snow!!!

Southern Indiana has been hit hard with snowstorms this February. Once a week for the past few weeks we've been experiencing 4+ inch snowfalls, and as I type there is snow falling to the ground yet again. The newscasters are predicting another big storm this upcoming weekend, too! It's a beautiful white winterland outside, and I'm sitting warm and snug in the house enjoying my day off work. We were called off for snow two days last week (Tuesday and Wednesday), then I called in Friday due to the flu, and now it's Monday and I'm off work once again! Plus, I'm guessing tomorrow will be called off since the snow is predicted to keep falling into the evening hours. Ah - The life of a teacher. It's marvelous. The only better job (in my opinion) would be a mommy that stays home. The scenery is gorgeous, and I'm a lover of snow, so I don't mind this. Plus, I know that spring is only 1-2 months away, so the weather will improve just around the corner.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. A day for lovers to express sweet words of kindness... But in the Brewster household it was a day for sickness and a wild baby, plus a trip to the jam-packed Walmart. Ben has succumbed to the flu, but we decided to head out for supplies anyway. I guess because of the impending snow everyone decided to flock to the groceries and stock up. We weren't there for stocking, more like grazing, but we managed to see Jon, Michelle, Marsha, Brad & Joni, Mr. Pat Bahan, Andrea, Reace from my class, and the list goes on... we stopped and talked to more people and spent at least 5 minutes with each person, so it was a fun trip, but exhausting with all the stop and go! It was one of those days when I cursed myself for not fixing myself up because it was "just a Walmart trip", but then we saw half the county there and they saw my recent break-out of acne! haha! ahhhh. I feel like a teenager this week, but there are wayyy more important things in life to talk about and worry about, so I digress. :)

I should clean the house and fix dinner to make my husband happy, so I'll get off here and get to work. There are some exciting things in the works for the Brewster household, but I'll write more on that later when we are ready for letting others know. Oh, and it has absolutely nothing to do with another baby. We've decided to wait another year on that project. :)

Comments