Old Habits Die Hard...

So, I miss my blog. I've had some good friends tell me that they miss it too, so I figure I can make the extra time to write a few notes here and there! :)

This past month has brought on two new teeth, a baby that not only crawls everywhere, but now CLIMBS everything. As I type he is crawling to the top of his Singing Stage toy and mounting the end table that it sits in front of. My mom blames it on me because she called me "Monkey" when I was growing up due to my love of climbing. I guess I crawled up the back of a couch as a youngster, fell, and busted my eye on the window edge. I had to have stitches from it, so I can only imagine when and how many trips to the hospital we'll have to take with this wild boy. Conner has learned how to twist, crawl, bend, and spin his way around obstacles. If you put up something to keep him from escaping, he will contort his body until he gets through. It's outrageous, exhausting, and hilarious all at the same time!

We also just endured our first white slip visit to the doctor. Conner had a fever and was fussy, so we took him to Dr. Kleber and she diagnosed him with an ear infection in both ears. Poor baby. He was sick for a solid week, then I got it, now Ben has it, and Grandma and Grandpa are coming down with it too. It's been a sickly week! I had a fever yesterday, so I called into work and went to the doctor. After one dose of medicine, plus twelve hours of sleep, I feel so much better. During those twelve hours Conner only woke up one time. I was so exhausted, and thank goodness, Conner let me sleep.

Valentine's Day is tomorrow, so I purchased a sweet card and a Colts hat for Ben. He gave me a bouquet of wild flowers which are beautiful. They came in a pink vase! Ben wrote the sweetest message on the card, and then he surprised me with a DQ cake! Yumm!!! I would've eaten it last night, but I was too sick and fell asleep at 6pm. So, I'll delight myself in eating that cake tonight now that I'm feeling almost 100% again.

Well, it's time to go. The little one is climbing again and breaking through the pillow barrier I made for him! Oh! I almost forgot! Ben and I purchased a Flip camcorder. It's a cheapy, but at least we'll be able to record some memories. Yay!

Comments