Rough Week

Two weeks ago I had a pretty rough (as in busy) week. On New Year's Eve I received a phone call from our school's principal asking if I'd be interested in taking over a full-time teaching job in the fourth grade. Of course I said yes because I was on a two-year contract only. So, the next three days I had to get a classroom, curriculum, and rewards/discipline system in place for a group of 26 kids. I was extremely busy with that, and then Ben also found out he had to go to Georgia for that same week, so I was left alone at the house trying to manage Conner and the new job. Added to the pile of responsibilities, I also started coaching winter conditioning for my track girls that week. We meet Mondays thru Thursdays to run and then lift weights in preparation of this year's varsity track meets. Between pumping three times a day, packing my clothes for running/weight lifting, and then preparing a curriculum, grading papers, and managing time to play with Conner, nurse him, and at some point giving him and myself a shower.... well... needless to say, I was exhausted. Every night I was home around 4:30, but I didn't sit down until 8pm because of all the things I mentioned above. Then, Conner goes to bed at 8:30, so I had no time to myself because I stayed at my mom and dad's house that week, which means Conner had to stay in bed with me and I couldn't leave him alone in the bedroom.

Anyway, when Ben returned I was so happy and relieved. This past week went much smoother since Ben was able to give Conner his baths and help rock him to sleep. I made it through the week and was starting to feel like all the stress was alleviated, and then we found out that he is going to Georgia. Again. This week. For ten days. Ahhhhhhhhhh! Here we go again. At least this time I know what to expect and will be able to prepare for it.

Alright, enough complaining! :)

My iMac arrived this past week, and it is the coolest computer ever! I can't believe the applications it has. It just blows my mind every time I play on it. I have about 1200 pictures to sort thru and start editing! ahh! As soon as Ben gets the internet hooked up to it I'll start posting pictures on here again.

Well, since Ben is out all week I know I won't have time for this for another week! :)

Comments