"You'll Never Get Lost or Stuck Again!"

I can hardly believe that Christmas is already over. After all of the shopping and planning and sneaking and anticipation - it's over. Just like that. I feel like this every single year, and I'm starting to see how the years come and go in the blink of an eye. I'm already 27 and have a 6 month old son! How did that happen!??! :) (But, I wouldn't change it for the world!)

Conner's first Christmas was awesome. Ben and I purchased a Radio Flyer Red Wagon for him and had my mom paint his name on the back wood panel. We spared no expense on the wagon; we bought the best one available with all-terrain, real-air wheels and wood paneling!! Hopefully Conner puts several rocks, snakes, toads, turtles, and dirt in that wagon growing up in the country. He already loves taking rides in it. He sits in the wagon and holds on to the sides like a big boy. Then, of course, he grins and squeals as we go through the house. Auntie Cara made Conner his very own stocking, and it is simply fantastic. I can't wait to post pictures of it, and I know Conner will have that stocking the rest of his life. Auntie also bought Conner a Big Red Barn play set complete with a horse, goat, rooster, and real-growing corn! It's a perfect toy for our future child laborer in the garden! haha!

Grandma and Grandpa spoiled Conner the most, but I don't want to write about it yet because Noel and Flara haven't received their gifts yet, and I don't want to spoil the fun.

I was shocked at all the presents I received this year. Ben bought me a 55mm-200mm lens kit for my Nikon D40, so I snapped about 400 photos in two days! I didn't keep most of them; I was just experimenting and driving everyone crazy! My kit also came with a lens cleaning packet, a remote for macro shots or family shots, and a glare-thingy cap that goes over the lens! I'm obviously not a professional and have no intention of becoming one!

I decided to splurge on Ben's gift this year. Ben is a founder of a Jeep club (Hollar Crawlers) and he drives this rock-crawling, mud-slingin' Jeep that apparently has a Chevy engine in it and is really rigged up to be a bad-a$$ Jeep. All his buddies love it, and Ben is very proud of his Jeep. Ben even has his own personal savings account exclusively for "Jeep parts". Two weeks before Christmas break I was asked to tutor a child after school, so I came into some unexpected money right before Christmas. I decided to use the extra moolah to buy Ben a Smittybilt winch. I called Brian and Brent - Ben's best friends and fellow Hollar Crawler members - and they directed me to the right one. I knew the winch had to be 1.5 times the curb weight rating of his Jeep because I'd been researching all of his Jeep magazines, but besides that, I was lost! Thankfully, Brent and Brian led me in the right direction, and Ben was shocked and commented that it was the exact winch he would've ordered had he done it himself. I was pleased! So, in addition to the winch, I bought Ben tons of warm clothes to wear, and then my mom bought him a Garmin Nuvi 265 GPS system. Ben was tickled and said it was the best Christmas ever. Then, my mom quietly commented, "Ben, you'll never get lost or stuck again." That was the perfect statement to sum up Ben's Christmas!

Ben and I have been thinking about buying me a new (or almost new) van because we need the space having a baby and a big, loveable dog, but mainly because my car has 216,000 miles on it! The old Camry engine still runs great, but the body is falling apart! The inside light doesn't work, the driver's side door handle is broken off (so Ben had to rig up a cord that I pull on to open the door! ha!), and the paint is all chipping away. It was an awesome car when I bought it four years ago, but then I commuted to New Albany daily and the mileage skyrocketed from 85,000 all the way to 216,000 in just three years. I decided to wait another year before getting a newer vehicle because I'd rather pay cash for it, and let's face it - the Camry still runs great, so why spend the money just yet?? So, instead of a new car, Ben told me I can purchase a new computer that I've been wanting very badly. Because of that, today I'll be purchasing an iMac and I am soooo excited! We had satellite internet installed a few weeks ago, so I'll be back on the internet regularly very soon. Yay!

Comments

  1. http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/calvin-and-hobbes-wagon.gif

    weeeee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get your fancy computer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered it, then the bank wouldn't "authorize" the purchase online because it was over my daily spending limit! agh! I have to wait until the bank opens on Monday to clear it up, then it'll take about a week to ship. I customized it to have the programs and memory/hard drive capacity that we want. I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment