Pardon the Interruption!!

Okay, back to the post!!!
Three days before Conner turned six months old he decided that it was time to start crawling! We woke up Sunday morning in our hotel in Gatlinburg to Conner excitedly panting over both of us and rocking on all fours. That's how he wakes us up every morning, and I love it sooo much. As usual, I rolled over and turned on the lights which makes Conner bury his face in the blankets to shield his eyes from the brightness. I took off his pajamas, and then hopped in the shower with him to quickly rinse him off so he wasn't a stinky baby. :) After the shower Ben had turned up the heat in the room so that we could let Conner play around in nothing but his britches, and when I put him down on the ground he just started crawling! We couldn't believe it. He chased me around the room correctly alternating his hands and knees. I grabbed my camera and took about a hundred shots! Then, I grabbed my cell phone so I could take a quick, grainy film to send to all of our friends and relatives.
It was all really cute and amazing to watch, but then the trouble immediately started! He crawled towards an electrical outlet and I had to hurry over and grab him. Then, he crawled over to the hotel dresser and started pulling on the drawers, so once again, Ben and I ran over to grab him. He was too fascinated with the drawers to leave them alone, so I sat next to him as he explored, and the very next time he grabbed the drawer he just stood right up - all by himself!!! I couldn't believe it - again! Ben and I know our lives are over!!! haha!
So anyway, he is officially crawling everywhere and into everything, he pulls himself to a standing position all the time (including in his crib), and he can sit all by himself, and even transition from crawling to sitting. It's amazing to see him grow up.
Gatlinburg was amazing. Dinner was great. Ben and I had a blast together, and we even managed to make a couple trips into the mountains to enjoy the scenery. I bought some Christmas presents, and then before you know it 24 hours had passed and it was time to go home. This weekend Ben and I plan to go to Nashville, Indiana to enjoy the Christmas lights. I can hardly wait to go! I also need to run to Greenwood to do some exchanging of gifts, and then I really want to see my sister Cara and Caleb. Hopefully she'll be available for some company! :)
I have two more days of school, and then 12 free days of Christmas break! Whoo hoo! I'm so excited. Since I worked at Samtec the past three years I never had enough vacation days for extra time off at Christmas, so I only had 2 or 3 total days off during the holidays. It'll be amazing to have so much time off work this year. I don't make near the money as a teacher compared to Samtec, but it sure is worth it to be close to home and only work 8 months out of the year!
Oh, and before I go - Conner had his sixth month appointment this past Wednesday. His weight has dipped in the 20th percentile, but his head is still in the 75th. His length also dipped down into the 50th percentile. I nursed him exclusively for six months (Minus one week where we tried rice cereal, and then I decided not to pursue it until six months.), and the doctor thinks that his high level of activity is mainly causing him to be skinny, but Ben and I both know we're little peanuts and we're guessing Conner will be the same! haha! I have been feeding him sweet potatoes the past few nights, and he loves it. Mom gives him rice cereal in the morning, so he'll plump up before we know it. I'm excited that he's eating more food, because I'm sick of pumping three times a day. Ugh! Hopefully that number will drop to two, and then one before I know it! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE nursing Conner, but nursing while working is so physically draining and time consuming.
Have a Merry Christmas! I can't wait for Ben to open his presents, and Ben really has me guessing on what he got me. It'll be so much fun next week watching Conner play with his new toys, and spending time with Cara, Ryan, and especially Caleb! :)

Comments