Where do I start for this entry??

First, I'll address the progress on the flare up. When I last posted I was feeling miserable, and sad, that I was having a flare up because I know what usually results from a flare up: a colonoscopy, a heavy dosage of prednisone that makes my face really puff and fatten up (a side effect of the meds - often called "moon face"), coupled with 6 additional pills a day of antinflammatories, along with "as-needed" pain medicine, etc.... So, I began eating a diet that is free of gluten, and, within three days ALL of my symptoms were gone. It's unbelievable. The big "D" several times a day is gone, the bloating, the pain, the internal bleeding; everything is gone. After a week of eating gluten free I felt even better, and Ben and I just can't believe that this really worked. I still have my doctor's appointment tomorrow, but I'm just basically going to go in and say hello, and then leave. I'm not interested in taking medicines, and I'll just discuss the link between gluten free and Crohn's and get his opinion on the matter. Praise God for my progress and healing. This is an answered prayer from way back when I was sixteen and first diagnosed, along with the several flare ups I've experienced along the way until now.

Okay, to the next subject. Ben, Conner, Siler, and I went for our family pictures on November 8th and the very few shots I saw on Amanda's camera looked awesome. I can hardly wait to see the final edits. We took indoor shots wearing dark jeans and white tops, and then went to Skyline to take photos in our fall outfits.

Last night, Ben and I went to William and Leslie's wedding. I read a passage from the Love Chapter of the Bible (1 Corinthians, chapter 13) during the wedding, and then Ben and I danced the night away at WR Ewing. I stayed alcohol free so I could nurse Conner when I returned home, but mom baby-sat for us and it was wonderful to spend the evening with Ben. I was dolled up as best as I could do, and Ben was dashing in his suit and baby-blue fancy dress shirt. Plus, we even broke out the cologne and perfume! Look out! haha Ben and I met at WR Ewing exactly four years ago from this weekend when we attended the wedding of Chuck and Lynne Conrad. (Chuck is Leslie's dad.) Then, exactly two years later Ben and I were married in Gatlinburg, TN, and now Leslie and William got married on the same weekend. Ben and I treated this weekend like it was our anniversary, even though it's actually a couple days away. It was a fun, fun evening.

Alright, now for the updates on Conner. He is crawling in a modified way. He gets up on all fours and rocks as much as he can (while grunting), then he lunges forward only to fall on his face. Then, the little determined bean gets back up on all fours and starts over. It's so cute. He is capable of sitting up all on his own, but he still teeters and totters, so he's not completely able to do it yet. We put him in the high chair during dinner, and he loves it. I even gave him some sweet potato the other night, which was hilarious to see his little expressions. Every night he loves trying to drink my ice cold glass of water, and we usually just end up wet and cold. :)

That's about it for now. My blog postings may slow down because I don't have internet at home, or on my cell phone, and recently all blog sites were blocked at work so I can no longer post updates during my prep period. ahhhhh.... So, my facebook and internet usage will be pretty much non-existent in the future.

Comments

Post a Comment