Smiles, Laughs, and Coos...

Ben and I are convinced Conner is as sweet as a baby can possibly be. He very rarely cries, he is happy almost all of the time, and he is so well-behaved that I told Ben that I want several more children. A family of four children sounds very appealing. Ben wanted two because that's what he grew up with, but I grew up with four children in our family... maybe we'll have to compromise at three. :) I keep telling Ben that I want ten so that *maybe* he'll agree to four someday! haha.

I truly believe that babies are the sweetest things in the world. Their smiles, laughs, and coos are precious. I cannot believe how much love I have for the little guy. Sometimes I wonder if I could love another one of our babies as much as I love Conner, or if I'm all tapped out... My heart could explode when I think about our sweet, little boy.

On the job front - Ben still hasn't found work. Boo. A month or so ago he received a phone call from his former boss, who told him the shop was busy and that they might call him back within the next couple weeks. Ben and I were so excited and decided that if Ben was called back that I would stay home with the baby. Unfortunately, that's not how it all worked out. Ben called his boss a couple weeks later, but received bad news that they "just weren't busy enough yet". So frustrating...

God works everything out, and even though I had no desire to go back to work, I heard that Brownstown Central was looking for a teacher. I submitted a letter of interest, received a phone call from the superintendent the next day, interviewed two days later, and then found out the day after the interview that I was hired. Whew! When it all panned out I found out on Friday the 14th that I had the job, and then began work on Monday the 17th. It was very crazy, especially because Ben and I were in Bremen, Indiana that weekend visiting with his grandparents (Conner's GREAT grandparents!), aunts, and cousins.

We came home Sunday the 17th and stopped at Target so we could get duplicate supplies for my mom to use while she babysits Conner. (Thankfully, mom and dad told us that they'd watch him during the week.) It's such a relief to have them watching Conner knowing how they raised me and knowing how much love they have for their grandchildren. Mom and dad live next door to us, so it's wonderful to simply walk Conner over in the morning. Also, since I'm now a Brownstown Central schoolteacher I work less than ten minutes from home and I'm able to visit him on my lunch breaks. During the first week everything went as smoothly as it possibly could have; Conner rarely cries with mom and dad during the day. Even though everything went really well, I still sobbed and sobbed and sobbed for over a week straight. Poor Ben. He feels so awful that I have to work when my heart's desire is to raise our children at home. Ben wants me to be home as well, but sometimes life throws curveballs, so I'm trying to keep a smile on my face and know that God is working everything out for us. Ben and I have a goal of me being able to stay home with the next child, which we're wanting to wait one year before trying again, so two years should be plenty of time for Ben to secure a good job with decent benefits and insurance coverage.

I believe that's all the news from the Brewster household. It's unbelievable to think Conner is already 10 weeks old. Absolutely unbelievable. I wish time would slow down so I could spend more time with him, but it won't, so I'll cherish the minutes I do have and appreciate that I'm his mommy and my husband is wonderful and my parents are supportive. I have a great, blessed life.

Comments