Still Waiting!!!

Hello! Ben and I are still anxiously awaiting the birth of Conner. About a week ago we thought I was in labor, but after 8 hours of steady contractions they fizzled out and went away. Boo. I should clarify that we "hoped" I was in labor, but we both didn't really believe I was because I wasn't experiencing any pain with the contractions. Soooo... we're still waiting!

Ben has been working on his Jeep during his spare minutes and helping me with "nesting" projects. Ben finished painting the deck for me yesterday, and I've got all my flowers planted and set out where I like. The house is clean and ready, Siler is bathed, and the only thing left to do is pack a hospital bag!

Yesterday, my dad smoked ribs and potatoes on his jumbo slow-cooker so Cara and Ryan visited with Caleb. I can hardly believe he is 4 weeks old already. Time flies! He is a really good, super sweet baby. Ben is amazed that all babies do in the first weeks is eat, dirty their diapers, and sleep. He thought it was an exaggeration when we told him that earlier!

Last week Ben and I made the decision for me to accept a voluntary severance package at work that was extremely generous. We made the decision after several days of weighing the pros and cons, praying for guidance from God, and consulting with our parents and friends. Ultimately, we decided that me being close to home is much more important than the paycheck I bring in. (Driving to Samtec required a one hour commute each way.) I am very sad to leave Samtec because it is a WONDERFUL company that spoils its employees, but we made the decision for the betterment of our family. I have an elementary education license, so I'll be searching for teaching jobs around the area. If there is nothing posted (so far nothing), then I will substitute teach throughout the year or find another part-time job in the meanwhile.

I'll update again after the baby arrives. I hope that comes sooner rather than later! :)

Comments