Overdue

In my last post I stated that I'd write another update after the birth of Conner, but I honestly didn't believe I'd still be waiting on his arrival at this point! I'm three days overdue. At Tuesday's 40 week appointment the doctor told me I'm 4 cm dilated and 50% effaced, and she chuckled at the fact that I haven't gone into labor yet. Not funny! I'll be induced this coming Tuesday if I don't deliver by then on my own, so I know for sure I only have four days left of my first pregnancy. I am ready for this to be over. :)

I've been super active the past week and a half. I've mowed the lawn a couple times, weeded the garden on my hands and knees for 5 hours out of the past two days, picked fresh peas, lettuce, and spinach from the garden, and then I've cleaned, cleaned, cleaned the house! I've also been walking and cooking pies like no one's business. So, no one can tell me that I need to be more active because I'm doing all that I can! haha! I guess we just have a stubborn little boy on our hands. Ben has been very active too. He was my partner in crime for all the projects I mentioned above. While I mow he uses the string trimmer, we weeded the garden on our hands and knees together, and he does his duty of eating the pies that I make. :)

Comments

  1. I thought maybe Caleb got his stubborness from his Daddy's side but it must be a Botkin trait! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and my dear little Beanie got a double serving in getting it from her Grandpa Botkin AND her Daddy! I'm in so much trouble!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment