Updates...

Hello! The baby is very active these days and I'm officially on the count down until my due date. He rolls and shifts and makes my belly contort in all kinds of weird shapes. Ben says it's nasty to look at, and I must slightly agree! haha! I have just under 7 weeks to go, and I'm getting more and more excited about meeting this little man. I can't wait to hold him in my arms!

Cara informed me that I'm officially "nesting" since I'm constantly cleaning and scrubbing. We got a good laugh earlier this week because I told her how I started scrubbing the shower halfway through washing my hair, and Cara wrote back that she'd cleaned her entire shower that morning, too. Our poor husbands must think we're crazy!

Speaking of husbands - Ben and I went to Indianapolis last night and picked up a new truck for him. It's a 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 and he is sooo excited. I'm pretty happy for him, too, because he's wanted this type of truck for a long time. The plan now is to pay off his truck in 2-3 years and then I'll get a van.

The mushrooms are growing rapidly in Southern Indiana! We've had two large messes that we fried, and Ben called earlier this morning to report that he'd found another mess. We're heading out tomorrow morning to try and get some more. Siler loves mushroom hunting season. He gets to cross two creeks on the way to our "honey" spot, eat as much turkey poo as he pleases (ick!), and he runs through mud puddles on the 4-wheeler trails that criss-cross the land. I'm so glad we had him buzzed earlier this year or else he'd be filthy. Well, he IS filthy, but we clean him with the garden hose when we return home, or we make him swim in a deep spot in the creek to wash his fur. Siler loves that daddy is home all day every day. He hopes Ben never returns to work! :)

It's eighty degrees outside, and it's supposed to be that way all weekend. I intend to spend every minute I can outside and soak up some sun for my pasty pale skin!

Comments

  1. You are such a hillbilly, Bob!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Medora "grit" in Ben is apparently rubbing off on me... hehe! Sis, I just realized our baby is going to be half gritter! oh no! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck yeah! Conner "The Grit" Brewster!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment