Nothin' new!

Sorry it's taken so long to write a new entry. Life has been pretty much the same lately. Ben and I are preparing for this spring's garden. We've listed all the vegetables we want to bring back from last year's garden, what new varieties we'd like to try, and we also crossed off a few items from last year. Gardening is my favorite hobby, and this will be our third garden that we've created together. It's such a relaxing and rewarding hobby to do together. Last year my favorite item from the garden were my Gurney's brand Maestro Peas. I would eat them straight off the vine while they were still warm from the sun - that is pure bliss! I can hardly wait for this year's batch and regularly think about those sweet peas!

Items for this year's garden:
Gotta Have It Sweet corn
Italian Roma green beans
Big Red tomatoes
Goat Bag tomatoes
Roma tomatoes - for canning
Zucchini
Squash
Cucumbers - ahh, another favorite
Peas
Carrots
Radishes
Cabbage
Peanuts
Jalepenos
Onions
Yukon Gold potatoes
Spinach leaves
Lettuce leaf blend
Rhubarb - This will be the first year we can harvest from the plants we started last year. Ben can hardly wait for his first homemade rhubarb pie! :)

Most of our garden is started from seeds that we purchase through Gurney's. The others we start from plants that we've grown ourselves from last year's items, or we will purchase the plants from Tiemeyer's farm market in Vallonia. That place is awesome! My dream job would be to own and operate a farmer's market complete with greenhouses full of vegetables and flowers!

Anyway, back to baby news. Most everyone that reads this blog knows full well of the problems I've experienced because of Crohn's Disease. One week ago I started having another flare up, so I had to visit my GI and go back on anti-inflammatory medicines. The OB said it would be okay to take the meds, but 24 hours after I started them I began having contractions every five minutes for an hour straight. They slowed down to fifteen minute intervals, but then the following two days I continued to have five minute interval contractions anytime I stood up and walked around. Ben pretty much made me lie still on a couch the entire weekend, and as of today (Monday) I'm feeling back to normal. I called the doctor and they believe the contractions are a result of the flare up in itself - not the meds. I have to go in to the doctor next week and they've scheduled an ultrasound to check that the baby's progress is still on track. Ben and I fully trust in God that His plan will not harm us, and no matter what happens we'll be strong enough to get through it all. He has never failed us, so why doubt Him now?!? :)

My favorite pregnancy workout video is called "The Perfect Pregnancy Workout - Volume One" and is lead by Karyn Steben, a former Cirque di Soleil acrobat. I had been completing the workout about two times a week, but Ben has told me I'm not allowed to anymore because of this past weekend's events. I agree with him - but it'll be hard for me not to be active! I'm working two jobs right now - Samtec in New Albany and girls' varsity assistant track coach at Brownstown. I really hope I'm able to continue working up until the baby's birth.

Ben is still on the hunt for a job. It's tough finding a job when 10% of the people in Jackson County are unemployed. Hopefully something comes along eventually.

My sister, Cara, only has six weeks to go in her pregnancy! I can hardly wait to hold her baby boy! :)

Comments